hotel-jobsvacancy

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Papers: Roo's goal vow

Roo's mega goal target Wayne Rooney insists he loves the challenge of being Manchester United's middle man and vows to hit his manager's 25-goal target. Sir Alex Ferguson has promised to give the England striker the chance to play in his preferred position following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo. But the United chief wants Roo to repay him with goals and four in pre-season suggest he is ready to step up to the plate. Rooney scored 20 in all competitions for United last season and accepts he needs to add more goals to his game this term. "Of course 25 is a target which I hope I'm going to reach. I've always said I should score more and hopefully I'll do that this season," said Rooney. "I've got what I wanted. I like to play through the middle. The manager has come out now and said I am going to play there throughout the season so I'm delighted with that. He may change his mind and whatever he says goes, but I hope he will play me there for most of the season. If I keep scoring goals I will justify it." Martin Blackburn, The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment